Human Resources Generalist – Grade 8
The Cook Memorial Public Library District is seeking an experienced human resources generalist to provide a wide range of human resources support services to the Library Director, management and staff, with a focus on providing guidance for staffing, compensation, benefits and training.
Hours: Part-time (24 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local legal requirements regarding hiring practices, benefit management, and all other related areas.
- Recommends changes in personnel policies and procedures in response to changes in “best practices,” and assists in the preparation of human relations policies and procedures, including performance appraisal forms and Staff Manual. Communicates personnel guidelines to library staff.
- Works with department managers on recruiting qualified candidates; assists with the process of posting openings internally and externally; assist managers in preparing interview questions that focus on the essential functions of the position. Participates in interviews as necessary when requested.
- Reviews and recommends benefit programs and program changes to management that balance employee satisfaction and cost alignment. Assists in the negotiation of contracts. Informs and educates library staff on benefit offerings.
- Manages the company’s benefit enrollment process. Coordinates efforts of 3rd party providers and notifies appropriate 3rd parties of separations to initiate benefits continuation materials correspondence; process status changes.
- Manages the yearly performance appraisal process and assists in the formulation of individual development plans for staff members with training needs.
- A BA or BS degree required.
- PHR/SPHR certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of five years of recent HR management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and practices including EEO, ADA and FMLA.
- Be an approachable person with strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess sound judgment and integrity and have the ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion, tact and diplomacy.
Salary:$20.14 per hour
Mail, fax or email a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
Russell J. Cerqua /Business Manager
Cook Memorial Public Library District
413 N. Milwaukee Ave
Libertyville, IL 60048