Parking Lot Improvements
The Brainerd Avenue entrance at the Cook Park Library will be closed for a week beginning Thursday, April 12 for parking lot modifications.
- Please use the Church Street entrance to enter and exit the parking lot.
- Please use caution when driving through the lot and follow the directional signs.
- We are planning for the drop boxes and drive-up window to be open during this time.
- In the event of rain, this project may be postponed.
Also, just in time for spring, the Aspen Drive Library parking lot was restriped last week with a fresh coat of paint for crosswalks and parking spaces. This photo shows new stop signs the contractor installed in front of the building entrance. The stop signs should result in a safer environment for pedestrians entering the crosswalk, especially for our young visitors who are often obscured by cars idling in front of the building. Please note there is a stop sign to the south and north of the crosswalk.
Change of Email Address
This week a patron asked, How can I change the email address the library uses to send me notices about holds and overdues?
To change your email address for notices regarding your account, you have three choices:
- Report the change at any of our Check-Out desks
- Call 847-362-2330 and ask for Circulation, or
Not currently using email notification? Click here to learn what it is, how to sign up, and whether it’s right for you.Add a comment
Using Library PCs
This week’s question: Do I need a library card to use a library PC?
You do need to sign on to our PCs with the bar code number on the back of your card and your last name. If you forget to bring your card, ask a librarian to look up the number for you. If you live in our district, but don’t yet have a card, you can obtain one with a photo ID and proof of residence at our Check-Out desk. See more…
If you live in another Illinois library district, please obtain a card from your district library and bring it with you. Register it at our Check-Out desk, and from then on you will be able to log on to a computer with your card number and last name. Guest passes, for the use of occasional visitors from other areas, are available at the Reference Desk.Add a comment
Our web site was recently upgraded to a newer version of Joomla, the Content Management System (CMS) we use to create and update our pages. There are no changes to the organization or appearance of the site. However, the upgrade has caused a few temporary problems.
- You may have noticed that there is no longer a correctly functioning catalog search box on the front page. We hope to have that restored soon. Fixed.
- Links from the slides on the front page for program registration are currently not working. Fixed.
- Some internal links were broken in the transition and we are in the process of repairing those as well.
Thanks for your patience as we resolve these issues.Add a comment
A patron asked, What are my options for renewing library materials?
Renewals on most items are available for two additional loan periods, if no holds are pending and the item has not been billed for replacement. However, neither eBooks nor eAudiobooks can be renewed, nor can Hot Picks. To request a renewal of an Interlibrary Loan item, contact a Reference Desk at 847-362-2330.
Renewals of other items may be done in person, online in your library account, or by calling 847-362-0438. You will be asked for your library card number and the barcodes of the items when you call.
Here's the scoop on renewing online:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes in the RENEW column and then click the Renew Selected button. To renew everything at once, click the Renew All button.
3. A confirmation screen will appear. Confirm that you want to renew the items listed by clicking the Yes button.
4. Check the STATUS column for information on the success or failure of each renewal. If the renewal is successful, a new due date will appear in the STATUS column.